Crimson Crab is committed to ensuring the highest standards of ethical and environmental trade practices, professionalism and business conduct including the provision of safe working conditions, the protection of workers’ rights and fair trading.
It is Crimson Crab’s goal to ensure that we act in strict compliance with the law at all times.
We will not tolerate any behaviour or practice that compromises Crimson Crab’s integrity or honesty.
All decisions will be fair and based on transparent processes.
The Policy applies to all areas of Crimson Crab’s business.
Reputation Advocates are contractually bound to observe the provisions of this Policy.
Where the provisions of this Policy afford greater protection than the law, the terms of this Policy prevail.
The objectives of the Policy are:
- to set out a clear statement of Crimson Crab’s Ethical Trading Policy
- to promote the adoption and improvement of ethical practices
- to implement effective processes to ensure fair trading
Crimson Crab recognises that its Reputation Advocates may not be able to achieve all the standards laid out in this Policy immediately but is willing to engage with businesses who:
- have implemented, or are willing to implement, appropriate and workable processes for raising standards to be compliant with this Policy within six months; and
- are able to demonstrate a responsible and transparent approach to their working and general practices; and
- have demonstrated an ongoing commitment to improving working and ethical standards.
Independence and Objectivity
Crimson Crab is committed to being fair, transparent and impartial in all of its dealings and we expect the same of Reputation Advocates. Our specific standards of behaviour are:
- Act in a way that is unbiased, and not subject to any influence which may lead to acting in a way which favours any particular person or organisation.
- Do not directly or indirectly accept any form of payment or material benefit from third parties for services performed outside the scope of any agreement.
- Declare in writing any financial or personal interest, direct or indirect, in another company which is either a supplier or a competitor.
- Do not engage in bribery, corruption or other similar unethical practices in order to gain competitive advantage.
Crimson Crab is committed to attaining the highest standards of employment practice and wishes to be recognised as a good employer. It is committed to communicating its strategy and objectives to employees and to keeping employees informed on the Company’s progress against them.
We support and promote the ethos and principles of equal opportunities in employment, striving to create a culture where every member of our team is treated fairly and without fear of harassment or victimization for any reason. In particular we do not condone:
- The use any form of forced, bonded or involuntary labour, and workers must not be obliged to lodge identity papers or pay any deposit as a condition of work.
- Workers being subject to physical or verbal abuse or threats or intimidation of any description.
- Workers being required to work extreme hours or work without adequate rest periods.
- The use of workers under the age of 15, (or the minimum legal working age in the country in question, if higher than 15).
- Unsafe or unhygienic factories and work sites and in particular inadequate number of safe and accessible fire exits from buildings including living accommodation.
- Workers not having access to drinking water.
- The endangerment of workers’ life or limb due to the use of dangerous machinery, unsafe building structure or layout, or hazardous chemicals.
- Wages insufficient to meet basic needs and provide some discretionary income.
Transparency and Confidentiality
Crimson Crab will be transparent in all of its operations except where it is constrained by issues of confidentiality. Non disclosure agreements will be used in appropriate circumstances.
Crimson Crab will strive to communicate clearly and succinctly in order to minimise complexity in our business dealings.
We will comply with the provisions of the Data Protection Act.
Protecting Business Assets
Crimson Crab will avoid waste and extravagance and look for improvements to systems and procedures to achieve optimal effectiveness, efficiency and responsiveness.
We will demonstrate an awareness of environmental matters and a commitment to improving environmental standards, (including, without limitation, waste reduction, increased recycling, reduction of pollution, increased use of environmentally friendly products from sustainable sources) and develop and implement a meaningful environmental action plan by which progress can be measured.
We will follow agreed procurement procedures when commissioning third party services.
We will follow Crimson Crab’s Business Expenses Policy when incurring business expenses which will be reimbursed by Crimson Crab.
Crimson Crab’s assets and funds will only be used for the legitimate business purposes of Crimson Crab.
Suppliers, Advisors, Agents, Reputation Advocates etc
Crimson Crab will aim to develop relationships with its suppliers, advisors, agents, Reputation Advocates, etc based on mutual trust and shared values. Therefore:
We will conduct business with suppliers, advisors, agents, Reputation Advocates, etc in a professional manner.
Crimson Crab will pay its suppliers, advisors, agents, Reputation Advocates, etc on time and according to agreed terms.
As far as is practicable, we will engage with our business partners on matters relating to Corporate Responsibility.
Crimson Crab will:
- Compete in a lawful manner.
- Not seek to damage the reputation of competitors, either directly or by implication or innuendo.
- Avoid discussing proprietary or confidential information in any contacts with competitors.
- Not attempt to acquire information regarding a competitor’s business by unlawful means, including industrial espionage, hiring competitors’ employees to obtain confidential information, urging competitors’ employees, clients or occupiers to disclose confidential information, or any other approach that is not above board.
Governance and Financial Matters
Crimson Crab will:
- Comply with all laws, rules and government regulations that apply to it.
- Maintain accurate business records, following best practice in all respects.
- Maintain financial statements and accounts in a manner that are accurate and auditable.
Crimson Crab is committed to meeting its contractual commitments and will build relationships with its suppliers, agents and contracted service providers based on mutual trust.
Special Provisions For Reputation Advocates
Documentation and Inspection
Reputation Advocates must adopt effective systems for the implementation of the provisions of this Policy and for monitoring and documenting compliance with its provisions to the satisfaction of Crimson Crab.
Reputation Advocates must maintain such documentary records as may be necessary to demonstrate compliance with the terms of this Policy. All such documentation must be original records and available to Crimson Crab for inspection upon request.
Reputation Advocates must permit Crimson Crab to inspect relevant material in order to establish compliance with the Policy.
By entering into an agreement with Crimson Crab, Reputation Advocates have agreed to the terms of this Policy.
Without prejudice to the provisions of the Policy or the terms of any agreement between Reputation Advocates and Crimson Crab, Crimson Crab shall be entitled in its sole and absolute discretion to terminate all contracts with Reputation Advocates with immediate effect and without liability in the event that;
- Reputation Advocates are not be fully compliant with the Policy at any time, or
- If, in the reasonable determination of Crimson Crab, Reputation Advocates have failed to demonstrate to the satisfaction of Crimson Crab, a genuine willingness to work towards meeting all of the provisions of the Policy within a reasonable time.
- If, in the reasonable opinion of Crimson Crab, Reputation Advocates have failed to demonstrate to the satisfaction of Crimson Crab, sufficient openness and transparency to allow a robust verification of their working practices.
In the event that Crimson Crab considers that a Reputation Advocate is not in compliance with the Policy they must take all such appropriate remedial actions as requested by Crimson Crab to address any areas of concern.