Copyright protects your work and stops others from using it without your permission.
There isn’t an “official” register of copyright works in the UK, unlike Trade Marks.
You get copyright protection automatically, you don’t have to apply or pay a fee, when you create:
- original literary, dramatic, musical and artistic work, including illustration and photography
- original non-literary written work, such as software, web content and databases
- sound and music recordings
- film and television recordings
- the layout of published editions of written, dramatic and musical works
There are other ways of protecting Intellectual Property. Read more…