Copyright protects your work and stops others from using it without your permission.
There isn’t an “official” register of copyright works in the UK, unlike Trade Marks.
You get copyright protection automatically, you don’t have to apply or pay a fee, when you create:
- original literary, dramatic, musical and artistic work, including illustration and photography
- original non-literary written work, such as software, web content and databases
- sound and music recordings
- film and television recordings
- the layout of published editions of written, dramatic and musical works
There are other ways of protecting Intellectual Property. Read more…
Many thanks to Reputation Advocate, Lorna Jackson from Advance and Get Noticed for organising this feature in etc magazine.
We thoroughly enjoyed our morning discussing business issues with Laura Cartledge and you can read the whole February edition here.
At the moment we able to offer a free check of UK based websites. This looks at the sites compliance in the areas of:
- Disclosure under the Companies Act
- Copyright protection
- Disability Discrimination Act
- Data Protection
- Provision of Services Regulations – if relevant
- E-commerce – if relevant
We would be very happy to take a look at your site and give you a short report on the findings. If you would like to take advantage of our offer please contact us and include the URL of the site you would like us to check.
There are only 20 free checks available and they will be allocated on a first come first served basis.