Our internet-based software system the First For Contractors Pack makes it easy to cost-effectively ensure legal compliance when engaging subcontractors and other suppliers.
It saves time and money by streamlining and automating diligence processes, forming an essential part of the procedures for health and safety, financial management and safeguarding purposes.
When tendering for work from main contractors or public authorities a diligence process is likely to be mandatory. In these circumstances using the First For Contractors Pack will strengthen a business’s position in the event of an HMRC status investigation of individual subcontractors.
Of course, the system can be used for management of any supplier to your business as part of the procurement process. Approved and pre-vetted suppliers will provide peace of mind that your supply chain is competent, experienced and offers value for money.
The key features of the application are:
- Create an online bespoke pre-qualification questionnaire (PQQ)
- Set specific questions for different categories (Work Sectors) of subcontractor
- Set questionnaires to assess a subcontractors knowledge of relevant matters
- Create a unique profile for each subcontractor, which allows them to complete the PQQ remotely including the submission of supporting evidence
- Get email notification of subcontractor progress, set to specific requirements
- Create instant online reports of a subcontractor’s PQQ which allows the distribution of proof of their competence and supporting evidence to site managers, clients, accreditation bodies etc.
- Create comprehensive subcontractor agreements to formalise and protect the subcontractor relationship and govern standards of work, invoicing and payment, insurance, employment status, taxation, health & safety responsibility and more
Each Subcontractor has a profile where the user can:
- View the subcontractors PQQ responses and supporting evidence
- Approve (or suspend) a subcontractor for work
- Create and view formal contracts between the parties
- Store documentation relevant to the relationship
To view more details on the way the system operates including screenshots please follow this link.
The portal may be accessed using this link (opens in a new window).
If you are a user of the system and are having difficulties please follow this link for support.
Difficulty logging into the portal
Subcontractors – To log in you will need to enter the details you received in the introductory email into the two boxes at the bottom of the main text box. The details consist of two sets of numbers separated by a hyphen.
For detailed guidance please follow this link which opens in a new window.
Once you have gained access to the system please add any details that are missing and amend any that are incorrect, if you would like to upload an image to personalise your profile please do not hesitate to do so.
You will need to answer all the mandatory parts of the PQQ questions in the Toolbox tab and any relevant optional questions. It is important that you click on the save button to record your answer.
Where relevant please upload supporting evidence and specify expiry dates. Please note you will need to save your answer before uploading an evidence.
If you continue to have difficulties or for any other issue please telephone 075 9942 8909 during normal office hours or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contractors – To log in you will need to enter three key details in the box at the top right of the screen:
- your client number (between 3 & 5 digits),
- your username (your first initial followed by your last name all in lowercase with no spaces) and
- your password.
All of these details will have been supplied on the initial creation of your portal.
If you are entering these details correctly it is likely that your password has changed. If this is the case please let us know immediately by emailing email@example.com to have it reset. We will need the email address that you used when you purchased your online system. Your login details will only be sent to this address. If your original e-mail address is no longer in use please let us know.
If you continue to have difficulties logging in please telephone 075 9942 8909 during normal office hours or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For all other enquiries about the First For Contractors Pack please get in touch using this link.
If you need to carry out diligence on others just get in touch for a free no obligation demonstration on how this application could help your business save time, money and its reputation…