What is this?
This training package is for those the people who have overall responsibility for data protection in smaller organisations where they don’t have any specialists available to do it. It covers:
- The background, history and context for data protection in the UK;
- The data protection principles (the rules for handling personal data);
- The rights that people have over how their data is used;
- How to meet your ‘governance and accountability’ requirements.
Why do I need it?
The package highlights the practical and specific steps that you can take to ensure that people’s personal data is being handled lawfully, fairly and transparently. This will give you the confidence that you’ll be able to do the right thing when handling information about people and keep your organisation on the right side of the law.
What’s the process?
This training is delivered:
- As part of in-person group sessions. The bringing together of people from different organisations will show that the challenges you might be facing are not unique and give you an opportunity to explore the topic from a wider perspective;
- 1:1, via Zoom or in-person. This option is much more personalised and can be delivered at a pace to suit you. It gives you privacy and the opportunity for a higher degree of focus on your specific organisational challenges;
- Online presentation. Our online package is easily accessible at a time and place that suits you.
What do I do next?
Talk to us by using the red ‘Book Online Consultation’ button.