Although all UK organisations have to comply with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), not every organisation is required to appoint a Data Protection Officer (DPO).
Even so, you must designate someone to take responsibility for data protection compliance and assess where this role will sit within the organisation’s structure and governance arrangements.
Future thinking organisations are choosing to appoint a DPO, even if it is not required, to help regulate their privacy and build a stronger foundation of trust with their customers.
Data Protection Officer Package
Crimson Crab’s retained and on-demand Data Protection Officer package gives organisations handling personal data the peace of mind to know that they are doing so in ways that comply with their regulatory responsibilities.
Your DPO will be able to:
• inform and advise you and your employees about what’s needed to comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other data protection laws;
• monitor compliance with the data protection laws and with your data protection policies, including managing internal data protection activities, raising awareness of data protection issues, training staff and conducting internal audits;
• advise on, and monitor, data protection impact assessments;
• cooperate with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO); and
• to be the first point of contact for the ICO and for individuals whose data is being processed (employees, customers etc).
Because our consultant from SLCM Business Support Ltd has over 20 years’ practical experience in the role, including in high-risk information environments, they are able to advise on the practical as well as the legal aspects. They will:
• take into account the risk associated with the processing you are undertaking and have regard to the nature, scope, context and purposes of the processing; and
• prioritise and focus on riskier activities, providing risk-based advice to your organisation.
The cost of our service varies on how much advice you need, so you’re in control of the money throughout. The price for our off-the-shelf packages are shown below but we can also tailor one to fit your specific requirements if you need it.
|Package||Annual Cost||12 monthly instalments||Discounted cost when paid in advance in full||Additional hours charged at|
|10 hours per annum||£1200||£100||£1050||£105 per hour|
|20 hours per annum||£2106||£175.50||£1960||£98 per hour|
|30 hours per annum||£2664||£222||£2520||£84 per hour|
Please note the quoted costs do not include reasonable travelling expenses.