“Customers expect you to look after their personal details, if you don’t your reputation can suffer irreparable damage”
Our Data Protection MOT uses a toolkit provided by the Information Commissioner’s Office to assess your compliance with the Data Protection Act and find out what you need to do, if anything, to be fully compliant.
The Act puts you under a legal obligation to:
- use personal information fairly and legally;
- collect only the information necessary for a specific purpose(s);
- ensure it is relevant, accurate and up to date;
- only hold as much as you need, and only for as long as you need it;
- allow the subject of the information to see it on request; and
- keep it secure.
Handling information well makes good business sense and provides several benefits. Your business’ reputation will be enhanced, with increased customer and employee confidence, and by ensuring that personal information is accurate, relevant and safe, you can save both time and money.
The investment for this MOT is just £99 and it will take approximately one hour depending on the complexity of your business. We will take you through the toolkit and provide a detailed report giving appropriate development actions where necessary.
Please get in touch to book your Data Protection MOT.
If you would like to receive our email hints and tips on data protection please complete your details here.