There is a significant investment in trading online so it’s prudent to make efficient sales to maximise the return on investment.
Your terms of business are crucially important. This means they need to be clear, enforceable and don’t leave room for things to come back to bite you.
There are legal requirements including:
- information you need to put on your website;
- consumer protection legislation (if you are selling to non-business customers);
- industry specific requirements; and
- data protection and privacy considerations.
It is also worth remembering that scrutinising a website is easy for regulators such as:
- Local Authority Regulatory Services (Environmental Health, Trading Standards and Licensing);
- The Competition and Markets Authority;
- The Advertising Standards Authority; and
- The Information Commissioners Office.